06 July 2016

Book review: Dog Crazy

Dog Crazy: A Novel of Love Lost and FoundDog Crazy: A Novel of Love Lost and Found by Meg Donohue
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed it! I think most animal owners/lovers can relate to what the author writes in this book. This is the first 'dog book' I have read, so I have nothing to compare it to. In this book, the author correctly portrayed the life of a pet owner. How much love and joy a pet brings into a family, how they make the family complete. It is not just a pet, it is a family member. The author also touched on common breed stereotypes. For example, the misconception about the Pitbull breed is that they are aggressive. When in actual fact, they can be as sweet and loving as any other breed. The breed does not define the dog. The way the owner treats the dog and trains it will greatly affect it even more. I like how the author states in one of the lines in the book, that all dogs are not perfect, we (humans) are not perfect either. There are lots of things that animal or non-animal lovers can learn from this book. This book will also help those dealing with loss (pet or human) in the family. It is not about forgetting the person/animal, you don't have to do that to deal with loss. It is about remembering the life they had and cherishing it. The only problem I have with this book is the several F words used.

View all my reviews

Buy the book here!

Full Affiliate Disclosure

No comments:

Post a Comment