24 August 2016

Book Review: The Various Haunts of Men

The Various Haunts of Men (Simon Serrailler, #1)The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Love the way the author told/wrote the story. Storyline was strong and engaging enough. It was generally unpredictable and I only got an inkling of who the culprit was, when the author started dropping hints. (made his behaviour more suspicious) I just have several problems with this book. Firstly, why is it a Simon Serrailler series when he is obviously not the main character? Is this just an introduction to him since this is the first book in the series? Secondly, CCTVs. Not sure if I missed the part where the author mentions what year the story takes place in, but if it was during modern times, shouldn't there be traffic cameras the police can use? Last but not least, it was a little hard to remember all the names and who they were referring to. (Not the main characters) I had to flip back the pages several times to remember who was who. (This is just my personal opinion though, i'm sure some people have no problems with remembering names)

View all my reviews

Buy the book here!

Full Affiliate Disclosure

No comments:

Post a Comment